Beard balm is one of those miracle products that can seemingly do it all.
- Tame frizz that affects thick and curly beards.
- Adds volume and texture to beard hair that is thin and fine.
- Adds tons of moisture while sealing in hydration,
- Helps you achieve an expanded range of beard styles that stay in place all day long.
If you have a beard that’s particularly wide, beard balm can help with that too, by simply talking with you about what a wide beard is, and how beard balm can help it look tamer and tidier.
What Causes a Wide Beard?
A wide beard is a beard that has sides that grow out more than usual, giving the appearance of, well, a wider beard. What this means is that the hairs on the sides of the face and jaw, which usually do not grow as long as the beards at the chin and inner parts of the jar, keep growing as the beard continues to grow in length.
Now, there is nothing wrong with a wide beard, so let’s make that clear. A lot of guys who have naturally wide beards rock this look impeccably. But, if it’s something that isn’t suitable for you, and you simply can’t be bothered with constantly trimming the sides, you can use a beard balm to manage its appearance.
There is no specific width measurement that determines a wide beard. Many men do notice that with a wider beard, however, their beard is wider than their actual head.
What Can Beard Balm Do for Wide Beards?
A beard balm is a thick, buttery product that is applied to the beard hairs. Being heavier than beard oil, it can do a great job of keeping the hairs in place as needed. Therefore, a beard balm can be a great solution for a wider beard as it can keep those longer hairs on the side down rather than sticking out, giving the illusion of a slimmer beard.
How to Apply Beard Balm if Your Beard is Particularly Wide
Now, we can go over the process of using a beard balm for that wide beard of yours.
- Consider the length and thickness of your beard to determine how much product you need.
- Scoop some of the balm onto your fingertips and rub your fingers together.
- Then, starting at the sideburns, comb the beard downward, making sure that the balm is applied evenly to the beards’ sides.
- Keep coming down with your fingers until your beard takes on a narrower appearance.
- Then use your hands to smooth the sides of the beard one last time, tapering them down to the bottom center of the beard.
Wide Beards are Certainly Nothing to Be Ashamed of Having
This is especially true if you ask guys who cannot grow a thick and full beard no matter how hard they try. Still, a wide beard can, in certain cases, look messy, and overwhelm a face. So, if you do want to make your wide beard look thinner, simply use Texas Beard Company Beard Balm daily, and you will be good to go for the rest of the day.